sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:48:18 -0800

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:16:16 -0600 (CST)
Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net> wrote:

> Source Mage Fans,
>
> Are there any TeXperts in the neighbourhood? I have a spell for a
> TeX font, initials, that I use almost working. At the moment I'm
> doing the last bit of the install by hand. To finish the install I
> need to add Map entries to /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg, which
> belongs to the tetex-texmf package, then run updmap-sys. What is the
> best way to add entries to an existing config file. I suspect I
> should be verifying that the entries I'm trying to add arn't already
> in the file. After updating the above file by hand and running
> updmap-sys, cleanse complains about several files from tetex and
> tetex-texmf that were changed. For now I've copied tetex and
> tetex-texmf to my local grimoire and added the following volatiles
> entries:

What I'd do is the following:
1. Check if your entry is already in the file
2. If so, touch the file (since this package should modify that file).
If not, append the entry to the file.
3. Run any update commands (e.g. updmap-sys) in FINAL

All teTeX packages that install/update maps should run `udpmap-sys` in
FINAL.

> for tetex:
>
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_pk.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/download35.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/builtin35.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map$
> /usr/share/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log$
>
> and for tetex-texmf:
>
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg$
>
> Which makes cleanse happy. Should the above volatiles entries be
> added to the official tetex an tetex-texmf spells?

Yeah, those should probably be added to volatiles. :)

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285