sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:16:16 -0600 (CST)

Source Mage Fans,

Are there any TeXperts in the neighbourhood? I have a spell for a TeX font, initials, that I use almost working. At the moment I'm doing the last bit of the install by hand. To finish the install I need to add Map entries to /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg, which belongs to the tetex-texmf package, then run updmap-sys. What is the best way to add entries to an existing config file. I suspect I should be verifying that the entries I'm trying to add arn't already in the file. After updating the above file by hand and running updmap-sys, cleanse complains about several files from tetex and tetex-texmf that were changed. For now I've copied tetex and tetex-texmf to my local grimoire and added the following volatiles entries:

for tetex:

/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_t1.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts_pk.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ps2pk.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/download35.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/builtin35.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_ndl14.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm_dl14.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_ndl14.map$
/usr/share/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log$

and for tetex-texmf:

/usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg$

Which makes cleanse happy. Should the above volatiles entries be added to the official tetex an tetex-texmf spells?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX