sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] util-linux, coreutils, shadow ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Dale E. Edmons" <demaillists AT comcast.net>
  • To: dkowis AT shlrm.org
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] util-linux, coreutils, shadow ...
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:25:22 +0000

David,

That'd make sense. I'm still leaning towards procps. The only
reason I've gotten into this discussion is that I've had kill seem
to be a bit random in it's success. However, I suspect it is due
to bash's built-in and the individual program being killed.

Maybe I should alias kill=/bin/kill and do more testing.

Would there be any objections to generating a KILL make
procps an optional provider of KILL?

Thanks.

Dale
linuxfan

David Kowis wrote:
Dale E. Edmons wrote:
Ladislav,

Any particular reason in choosing the /bin/kill in coreutils over
the one in procps? I'm curious.

Thanks.

My assumption is that coreutils is always installed. Procps, on the
other hand, is not.