sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] python-devel => python-pypi
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 12:35:16 +0300

Well, hello everyone!

Yesterday I decided to change the name of this section cause we need
something more equal for python too :P

Look, there are perl-cpan and php-pear. CPAN and PEAR are the collections of
packages (source distros, or call it anyhow) for these langs.. So I want the
same name for our pythonic section.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi <- it's official name of it:
The Python Package Index is a repository of software for the Python
programming language. There are currently 3275 packages here.

So -- your thoughts and opinions..

--
Cheerz,
Vlad "Enqlave" Glagolev