sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <MatthewClark AT InLesserTerms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 08:14:04 -0500

Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> Thomas Orgis wrote:
>> Am Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:09:33 +0200
>> schrieb "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:
>>
>>> Descriptions and various dependencies in test(i.e. spell foo depends on
>>> X11-LIBS but it also needs libfoo and libbar when using -modular) are the
>>> main reasons for it not being in test.
>> The descriptions are an issue - particulary since upstream even doesn't
>> have an opinion on these apparently.
>> But could that help:
>>
>> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModuleDescriptions?highlight=%28module%29
>>
>> ?
>> On the technical side, I must say that I don't have monolithic xorg on
>> any box. The modular one works fine. Sometimes I forget that it's not
>> standard already;-) Some stuff cast out of higher knowledge than by
>> dependencies, but getting it into test would help these...
>>

>> Thomas.

> I've been running it for months without a problem. It really should go
> into test.
>
> Jeremy

Same here -- been running it with NO problems (x86_64, even). The only
issues I had in the past were when a feature was missing, and I needed
some -modular component to get it, but I never knew what was what. So
what some of you are saying seems true: we really should get the
descriptions in there.

- - Matthew Clark (MaffooClock)