sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [off-topic] Admin advice

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [off-topic] Admin advice
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:24:31 +0200

Thanks to all for the replies.
On the same topic, what would you recommend as a filesystem for the one
which is nfs served?
It's currently some ext3, but I'd like to switch to the most appropriate
when we decide to change the whole raid bay.

As a quick fix to our current problem I wanted to try to reformat the
partition believed to be the failing one to reiserfs (because that's the
only one I've already used besides ext3) but I have no idea whether that
would be a smart choice or not. I gave up on that anyway because the
stupid default scientific linux kernel doesn't support reiser
apparently. ( and I don't want to fiddle with that as I intent to wipe
this distro as soon as possible).

Cheers,
Mathieu.