sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Evert Mouw <post AT evert.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:31:52 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to this list. Next month, I receive a new computer and I'm going to install another distro this time. I previously used Slackware, Ubuntu and Fedora.

Some questions, though:
- Can I install on SATA disks?
- Is there any optimization for the new Intel Core 2 Duo?
- Is it easy to install nvidia drivers, compiz, and so on?
- Are there any plans to use upstart, the init replacement from ubuntu?

I assume that the most recent kernel is being used (which has SATA improvements).

This will be my first source based OS. Gentoo looks great, with a big community, but source mage looks like it's elegant and I like the name ;-)

Regards, Evert

PS Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors. My native language is Dutch.