sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <lynx AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:02:01 +0200

On Friday 27 October 2006 21:31, Evert Mouw wrote:
> - Is there any optimization for the new Intel Core 2 Duo?
I don't think so, but I don't have a clue about processors. Anyway, if there
are some specific flags one could pass to gcc for c2d, it is easily done.

> - Is it easy to install nvidia drivers, compiz, and so on?
Yes.

> - Are there any plans to use upstart, the init replacement from ubuntu?
Currently no. There are plans to someday abstract our init code, so any init
system could be used. Somefarawayday.

May the source be with you!

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org