sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] eSATA, conroe, upstart, ...
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:06:19 +0200

Le vendredi 27 octobre 2006 à 21:31 +0200, Evert Mouw a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list. Next month, I receive a new computer and I'm going
> to install another distro this time. I previously used Slackware, Ubuntu
> and Fedora.
>
> Some questions, though:
> - Can I install on SATA disks?
> - Is there any optimization for the new Intel Core 2 Duo?
> - Is it easy to install nvidia drivers, compiz, and so on?
cast nvidia_driver
and this is over :)
For compiz, ask to others but that should not be a pain.

> - Are there any plans to use upstart, the init replacement from ubuntu?

I'm not sure why you ask that, but from my experience, SMGL still boots
faster than ubuntu. But I'm not sure if it is thanks to simpleinit or
just because with SMGL, only the services I use are activated comparing
to all the useless stuff launched on Ubuntu.