sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Multiple GL libs at the same time(HELP REQUEST)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: copeland1936 AT sbcglobal.net
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Multiple GL libs at the same time(HELP REQUEST)
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:00:55 +0200

copeland1936 AT sbcglobal.net wrote :

> On Thursday 26 October 2006 06:52, Andraž "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
> > Applied the patches and made new tarballs. I'd like for people to test
> > them. In case you forgot the url:
> > http://ruskie.dtdm.org/testing
> >
> > Same as at the start:
> > probs, successes, install logs to the ML please.
> Ruskie,
> I installed your changes to ati_driver and tried to cast ati_driver again
> and
> I get the same problem I have been getting as below.
> ----------
> Now doing a cast ati_driver I get the last 2 lines in compile:
> ln: creating symbolic link 'libGL.so.1' to 'libGL.so.1.2: File Exists
> cp: cannot stat 'usr/X11R6/include/*': ?No such file or directory
>
> Then cast tells me ati_driver failed.
>
> Basically my testing of ati_driver has failed so far. ?I don't know whether
> need some instruction or what. ?Maybe my environment is wrong, don't know.
> I am running on my 64bit system:
> linux 2.6.11.1
> xorg 6.9.0
> ------------------------
> Can you give me any instruction on linux config reqs. or xorg? or anything
> can try.
>
> Thanks,
> JohnC

Did you install xorg from http://ruskie.dtdm.org/testing/xorg.tar.bz2 as
well? If you did not it won't work. You need the modified xorg spell
from there as well.

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = A7A9E461
Key fingerprint = 757E C16B F5B7 DC27 B003 CCED CF95 3A77 A7A9 E461