sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] CMS talks (was Re: website)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] CMS talks (was Re: website)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:41:41 -0500

On Oct 20, Mathieu L. [lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net] wrote:
> I agree that we need more docs. However, we already have quite a few
> howtos and such, and it seems to me that the priority would be to have
> them back online in a relatively attractive way.

The priority is to update them and get rid of the ones that don't matter
any more and add new ones that are sorely needed. Quantity is not quality.

> Hence the need to quickly choose something so that the rdp team can start
> working on having those docs online.

The rdp team doesn't need any special something to write docs. The project
team has the information that's needed, there are 1,000 ways to get that
onto (e)paper.

> Besides, even though it's silly that way, a nice website is more likely
> to get people in the mood to contribute to that site and write docs for
> it.

We've proven this wrong at least twice as we've done (informal)
requirements gathering and switched to something and no one came.

I'm done on this one... obviously people are going to work on what they
want to work on, whether some of us think it is misguided or not. I
applaud the rdp team and hope they can produce something.