sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/0.4 grimoire approval "issue vote"

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/0.4 grimoire approval "issue vote"
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:01:05 -0500

On Jun 27, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> I second this proposal for the grimoire release procedure.

The motion in the parent post was:
> > I'm calling for a motion to vote on the approval of stable/0.4 so we
> > can get it out the door.

ie, the actual motion didn't involve grimoire release procedure, just an
issue vote to do the release. The "clarified" motion did explicitly talk
about a release procedure, but no one has seconded that explicitly.

Do you want to clarify what you're seconding, if anything?

> As I understand it, this motion would first need to pass. Assuming that
> happens, once it is done (unless Arwed returns from moving) there'd
> be a another vote by the general leads to approve the grimoire stable
> release
> candidate.

We need to figure out if we actually need a vote here. The issue vote to
do the release hasn't been explicitly seconded and is a moot point since
Arwed already approved the release; if that's what you were actually
seconding then we can hold the vote anyway if people want us to stick to
the policy but the release will probably beat the vote. The issue vote to
explicitly add grimoire release policy hasn't been seconded since it was
actually moved, and seems to have since been discussed further and rejected
as not the best idea.