sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/0.4 grimoire approval "issue vote"

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable/0.4 grimoire approval "issue vote"
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:42:46 -0700

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 01:22:31PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> On Jun 27, Andrew [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> > A stated goal of the policy is to have redundancy. That said, any issue
> > can be taken to the floor for a vote, such as a vote to release the
> > grimoire. All this does is solidify and explicitly specify what could
> > already be done. I think for the sake of clarity and transparency it
> > should be specified. Its obvious this doesnt change anything, so theres
> > no reason to vote no on it other than because it adds an explicit special
> > case to our policy.
>
> To the last point you made: "Its obvious this doesnt change anything, so
> theres no reason to vote no on it other than because it adds an explicit
> special case to our policy," let me narrow this to clarify what I'm
> objecting to. This:

> is definitely new project policy.

You're right, I neglected to consider that aspect and was focused
too closely on the second portion. I am still for that part (however
redundant it may be). Although we cant really vote for half of a motion
and not the other afaik. *sigh*

-Andrew

| Andrew D. Stitt | acedit at armory.com | astitt at sourcemage.org |
| irc: afrayedknot | Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |
| 1024D/D39B096C | 76E4 728A 04EE 62B2 A09A 96D7 4D9E 239B D39B 096C |