sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0.1 complaints

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.0.1 complaints
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:36:02 -0600

Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> Casting the whole grimoire would obviously be a good test, but it just
> doesn't work without some massive test cluster to do this on. We have
> over 4000 spells in the grimoires, even if most of them only take a
> couple of minutes, we're still taking about weeks of compile time.
> What I was thinking of was more something like: gather the info from the
> logs that are available anyway, aggregate it, then look at that list to
> figure out what spells still need explicit testing. Basically spread the
> testing burden to several developers and machines, getting everything
> that gets cast by one of us anyway out of the way to figure out a list
> of less used spells to test.

Okay, that is a very good idea. All the points that have been made are
very good. I'm simply too ignorant to realize the scope of things. I'm
going to blame it on Monday.

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein

- Arthur C. Clarke