sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 68470 by David Michael Leo Brown Jr. for review

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Brown <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] PERFORCE change 68470 by David Michael Leo Brown Jr. for review
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:28:55 -0700

> Now is probably the best time to decide this so we can avoid complications.
> Originally strings with relative values was the idea, so then if there
> was a level in-between two other levels we could just add it and adjust
> all the numbers internally. What we didnt consider was the attribute
> not fitting into a nice linear scale.
>
> We could probably just have sorcery's verification level variable be a
> list of acceptable values, similar to the hash-list (checkboxes). Then
> we dont have to worry about trying to order things based on our ideas.
> More freedom for the user.
<snip>

As long as the hash-list isn't too much more work for you guys I'd
prefer that method.

For all those concerned //sgl/sorcery/proj/proj1/ is where this is being developed... I'd like not to have to redo the code again so can I get some testing to say 'yes this is what we want' or 'no you are way off base' (or somewhere in the middle).

- David Brown