sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mads Laursen <smgl AT dossen.dk>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:14:12 +0200

I'd also like to join in and say "nice work".

Just installed from the iso (x86) the other day, and it's right back to the
good old smgl.

Just a few nits:

The udev install left me without permissions on /dev, fixed by upgrading
udev, so next iso should have that fixed by magic.

Choosing syslog-ng for sytem logger didn't quite work right.
/etc/sysconfig/facilities was not set right, the new value was appended,
instead of replacing the old ( syslog=syslogdsyslog-ng ). Doesn't quite look
right, but minor issue. Is this a known issue, or should I file a bug?

There should be some magic when installing nfs-support, so remote_fs gets
updated automagically... But that is at most "nice to have".

Ohh, and a couple of non-iso quick ones:

Shouldn't firefox install some certificates? Like Verisign and such? Mine
installed without any, and that makes ssl rather exciting ;-) Unless this is
a feature, I'll file a bug.

Anybody got a good reference on tuning nfs? And perhaps xfs... Need to get
the setup right, tired of having skips in video playing of my server ;-)

Anyway, very nice iso... Definetely usable.

/dossen
--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
-- Albert Einstein