sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Braaten <c_xiticix AT yahoo.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:33:56 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I was about to complain that I couldn't login
after installing x86-64 version of the ISO, but
in the 10 minutes it took me to read the previous
reports on test5, the login went through.

I think it could be because of the 'mail check'.

The other issue is editing the boot configuration.
lilo is the only choice for x86_64, so I don't
know if choosing grub does something different,
but it does not prompt me to edit lilo.conf until
after it installs lilo to the MBR/boot partition, and
after it prompts me to edit lilo.conf, it does not
run lilo again to set the new configuration.
I'd like to be able to edit the conf before it
installs so I can boot more than just the last
partition I installed to.

-D

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com