sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: George Sherwood <pilot AT beernabeer.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:55:08 -0500

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 10:28 -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:

> K, time to test. I just submitted a version to devel that builds here and
> runs without menu errors. I haven't gone very deep into if the functions
> work yet, since none of my mail is pop/imap and you all can test it better
> than I can.

I build from devel using gtk+2 and I am still seeing problems with find.
First of all thought, I am so happy that now I can click on a link and
have firefox open the clicked page. Before it was always opening the
home page.

Find still doesn't seem to work, but it doesn't come up undefined now
when I ctl+f. I am seeing this error in the java script console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)
[nsIJSCID.createInstance]" nsresult: "0x80570015
(NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml :: get_fastFind :: line
1511" data: no]

Not sure you are all the way there yet, but seem to be making progress.

George