sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] what to do with Mozilla's Bit Rot (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:14:27 -0600

On Mar 02, George Sherwood [pilot AT beernabeer.com] wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 10:28 -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
>
> > K, time to test. I just submitted a version to devel that builds here and
> > runs without menu errors. I haven't gone very deep into if the functions
> > work yet, since none of my mail is pop/imap and you all can test it better
> > than I can.
> >

> I build from devel using gtk+2 and I am still seeing problems with find.
> First of all thought, I am so happy that now I can click on a link and
> have firefox open the clicked page. Before it was always opening the
> home page.
>
> Find still doesn't seem to work, but it doesn't come up undefined now
> when I ctl+f. I am seeing this error in the java script console:
>
> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
> code: 0x80570015 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)
> [nsIJSCID.createInstance]" nsresult: "0x80570015
> (NS_ERROR_XPC_CI_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbrowser.xml :: get_fastFind :: line
> 1511" data: no]

Note: the message you're replying to was talking about thunderbird, not
firefox... that only matters because the error you're talking about was
discussed in the previous messages about firefox. There are different
things you need to do for each that the spell isn't accouting for yet.
Anyway. You need to 'rm -f $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/*/compreg.dat'. That
should fix your problem.