sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fixing Thunderbird (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fixing Thunderbird (was: Fixing Firefox's "find in page")
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:10:36 -0600

On Mar 01, neuron [vlmarek AT volny.cz] wrote:
> > rm -rf ~/.firefox
> > rm -f ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/compreg.dat
> >
> > lftpget
> > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0.1/source/firefox-1.0.1-source.tar.bz2
> > tar -xjvf firefox-1.0.1-source.tar.bz2
> > cd mozilla
> > cp browser/config/mozconfig .mozconfig
> > ./configure --enable-xft --disable-freetype2 # it won't compile without
> > these on my box
> > make
> > cd dist/bin
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. firefox-bin
> > ==============================
> >
> > This did it, find in page worked.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Hello, I was working with mozilla for some time, and I have to second
> that not building according to their rules may lead to problems.

I have also found that using a similar process for Thunderbird produces a
build without the overlay issues that plague the current devel build.

Is there a particular reason for any of the stuff we're doing in our
Thunderbuild build in devel? If I don't hear a particular reason to keep
that stuff I'll probably start over with a more traditional mozilla-style
build script and see if I can get it working.