sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:57:36 +0200

Eric Schabell a écrit :
I'd like to thanks Laurent WANDREBECK to share his machine (I've never
see the machine I worked on). For this reason, I'm not gonna do more
work on x86_64 right now.

Best regards,
Benoit PAPILLAULT, Source Mage ISO Guru

I hope all of you folks who have an AMD64 and are working on porting Source Mage to it are comparing notes with each other and working together rather than each one doing it independently. It would make the whole process go much quicker with fewer headaches, IMO. Should we create an official AMD64 subteam of the Porting team and sign people up to it?

I was rather hoping that he would post it to a wiki page... but is the
wiki still closed? I thought that he was posting his findings to his own
website... that is too bad.

You are free to copy/paste my web site and put it under the Wiki if you wish. I'm not so confident with using the Wiki and I feel that the Wiki is not well organized and insecure (anyone can modify my post). Most articles there have no author btw.

Right now, I've not seen any other work on porting SourceMage on AMD64. So, I feel quite surprised that such contribution is not welcome. I think this behaviour will discourage people (me included) from contributing.

As far as coordinating such a new section/team/sub-project, I believe
the PL should be picking this up. He is responsible for guiding the
entrie smgl project.

Right now, me (Benoit PAPILLAULT) and low (Laurent WANDREBECK) were working on porting Sourcemage to AMD64. "were" since we are no longer working on it (that's why I publish my work to let other continue it). So, right now, there is no team at all.

Benoit PAPILLAULT, Source Mage ISO Guru