sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:34:05 -0700

On Thursday 23 September 2004 8:23 am, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> For all the people having an AMD 64 bits machine and wanted to know what
> the current status of Source Mage on this architecture and what work has
> been done, here is a quick update. Here is brief of spells that
> successfully compiles on x86_64 (90 spells!!!), as long as a list of
> spell that does not compiles (not exhaustive of course).
>
> Look at the attached text file.
>
> I'd like to thanks Laurent WANDREBECK to share his machine (I've never
> see the machine I worked on). For this reason, I'm not gonna do more
> work on x86_64 right now.
>
> Best regards,
> Benoit PAPILLAULT, Source Mage ISO Guru

I hope all of you folks who have an AMD64 and are working on porting Source
Mage to it are comparing notes with each other and working together rather
than each one doing it independently. It would make the whole process go
much quicker with fewer headaches, IMO. Should we create an official AMD64
subteam of the Porting team and sign people up to it?

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)