sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: wandre.l AT free.fr
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] AMD 64
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:36:39 +0200

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:09:14 -0700
Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca> wrote:

> Heya Low,
howdy adam, nice to hear you again :)

> As it's been a couple of weeks since this post of yours, *and* because I
> just upgraded to an athlon64, I was wondering what kind of progress has
> been made on this front.
well. things have progressed, thx to benoit, coz i'm afraid my skills are
too
low (no pun intented:) to get the whole thing as it is now.
a patch for sorcery is needed for biarch support, installwatch is crippled
with a couple bugs (which happens on x86 too), basesystem spells are ok
BUT lots of spells have outdated configures and do not recognize x86_64.
that would mean having to maintain lots of patches, which would be a real
pain in the ass. So we're a bit stuck at the moment.

> Even if not much progress has been made, would you be able to share any
> insights as to what sort of stuff you've done to get parts of the system
>
> going in 64-bit mode? I'm guessing that I've got to change the HOST
> spec in /var/lib/sorcery/archspecs/amd64/* to something like
> 'x86_64-*-*' (replacing the *'s) to get gcc to compile with 64-bit
> functionality?
>
> Any info or specific RTFM links would be great...
you can take a look there: http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/sourcemage
this page will be updated in a couple days for latest news.

> Thanks,
>
> -Adam
Does that mean we'll see you again in smgl team soon ? :)
--
Laurent Wandrebeck irc nick: low
GNU/Linux user #114549