sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] update on udev on /dev status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] update on udev on /dev status
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:27:06 +1100

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 02:47, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> i need a makedevices script for that,
>   anyone got a complete one lying around?

Thanks to the lovely LFS people yet again. Only change I made was to replace
"dialout" group with ppp.
Now used in ISO, part of the install gererates the static /dev entries, it
takes a few minutes on my old pII 300 test box, but I have made it
non-optional. All new installs will have a static /dev system under whatever
the user chooses to use.

Hamish