sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Automounters

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Automounters
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:52:40 +0100

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:25:58PM -0000, evraire AT tuwg.com wrote:
> Hey everyone!
> I've been looking into setting up an automounter for my g/f (who's
> non-technical) and was wondering who's using what in SMGL, and how that's
> working out for you? In particular I'm interested in using an automounter
> for removable media (USB flash drive, CDs, floppies, etc.) to avoid the
> need to manually mount/unmount them.
>
> When I brought it up in #sourcemage I discovered I wasn't the only one
> who lacked information on the subject, so maybe this will help:
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/02/23/2033245

I played with supermount once, that's a kernel patch, either as single
patch or included in -ck. It worked fine for my cdroms, but rox broke it
with it's dnotify system, so i'm not sure if it'll be broken by
konqueror or nautilus using fam too.
The nice thing about supermount is that you don't need a daemon or
anything, you just add an option to the mount command/fstab.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz Sourcemage GNU/Linux developer
http://www.sourcemage.org