sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage GNU/Linux as a General Prupose Installer

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage GNU/Linux as a General Prupose Installer
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:55:33 -0800

> But one very important point that isn't in account. And is the daily work
> of the developers to keep SMGL updated and working. So if SMGL is going to
> be a themed distro. I think that we will wait, until more developers get
> involved in the project.

I was hoping someone would make this point. If we follow our current
roadmap, we are releasing 1.0 in a month. That means sorcery should be
stable. Now is not the time to add more features. This should really be
postponed til post 1.0 planning.

Its also worth mentioning that there are on the order of hundreds of bugs
that have been reported in the test/stable grimoires, and prometheus
is happily finding more. We really need to get these bugs squished. We
only get one 1.0 release. I want to make it a good one, not a rushed
one. (subtle under-tone of perhaps we should delay 1.0?)

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |