sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Source Mage GNU/Linux as a General Prupose Installer

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ricardo Izquierdo" <odracir_redwolf AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: "SourceMage GNU/Linux Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage GNU/Linux as a General Prupose Installer
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:08:32 +0800

Quoting sandalle:
Sounds very atractive, using themed therminology for some commands:

Star Trek:
beam -> summon
execute -> cast
computer -> sorcery
?-> scribe
scan_for_hostile->gaze?

Babylon 5:
gate -> summon
? -> cast
b5 -> sorcery
? -> scribe

Lord of the Rings:
uhh, same?
I think that the actual same commands will fit well, for a LOTR theme.

But as I said in a previous mail, using themes like Star Trek, Star wars,
etc... will lessen the name of Source Mage GNU/Linux.

Also, I dare to suggest some changes:
sorcey for wizardry
(maybe this change had been discussed in other threads that i'd miss. I know
that is a mayor change in the distro features. But I think wizardry fits
better than sorcery for a prupose of a themed distro. Sorcery resembles
"Sorcerer Linux")

And gaze can be changed for "scry"

But are only thoughts, and kind suggestions.

Ricardo Izquierdo