sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Simon Middleton <simon AT theultraworld.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 16:07:22 -0500

Simon Middleton wrote:
nealbirch wrote:

Anyway, Simon, "cast -c net-tools" should fix it. The new networking
script should be in there, along with the changes we made for it's
proper usage. Not sure what happened that you didn't get it. The devel
grimoire has the changes, and they were made at the same time to both
init.d and net-tools. Sorry for the screw up.

Now I'm really confused. I'm using the 'test' grimoire and having recast
net-tools I can see that it seems to have the old hostname script which is
hen compatible with the old networking script in init.d and so I'm not
really sure how I got to the situation I did. I did change grimoires last
week so perhaps I ended up with a mix of scripts due to that.

well, that could explain it. I thought test would have that stuff by now, though.

Cheers for the help. At least I know what's meant to be happening now.

=) Let me know if there are anymore problems.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"