sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Simon Middleton" <simon AT theultraworld.org>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] loopback device
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:53:37 -0000

nealbirch wrote:
> Anyway, Simon, "cast -c net-tools" should fix it. The new networking
> script should be in there, along with the changes we made for it's
> proper usage. Not sure what happened that you didn't get it. The devel
> grimoire has the changes, and they were made at the same time to both
> init.d and net-tools. Sorry for the screw up.

Now I'm really confused. I'm using the 'test' grimoire and having recast
net-tools I can see that it seems to have the old hostname script which is
hen compatible with the old networking script in init.d and so I'm not
really sure how I got to the situation I did. I did change grimoires last
week so perhaps I ended up with a mix of scripts due to that.

Cheers for the help. At least I know what's meant to be happening now.

-- Simon.