pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] A question

  • From: Jeanne Schudel <jschudel@bellsouth.net>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] A question
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:59:10 -0400

Dear Linda,
We also have keikis on some of the plants. If you can wait until the weather cools off to make changes you have a better chance of things growing well. In the heat it is tough for the plants to make roots. That is why we plan to completely repot the pleuros by Feb.
Jeanne

Linda Sedlacek wrote:

My Pleurothallishemirhoda is developing what looks like a keiki.It’s a baby coming from where the flowers normally develop (I think it’s called the ramicaul, but I’m not sure and I don’t have my cheat sheet nearby)Is this normal?I have one large “keiki” that has a leaf that is unfolding and lots of roots and two small “keikis” that are just a single small folded leaf. Should I leave them?If not, at what size should I cut them off?I am really quite confused because I never thought that a pleurothallid would keiki!

Linda Sedlacek

In TallahasseeFL