pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] A question

  • From: "Linda Sedlacek" <lmg6534@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] A question
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:59:02 -0400

My Pleurothallis hemirhoda is developing what looks like a keiki.  It’s a baby coming from where the flowers normally develop (I think it’s called the ramicaul, but I’m not sure and I don’t have my cheat sheet nearby)  Is this normal?  I have one large “keiki” that has a leaf that is unfolding and lots of roots and two small “keikis” that are just a single small folded leaf.  Should I leave them?  If not, at what size should I cut them off?  I am really quite confused because I never thought that a pleurothallid would keiki!

Linda Sedlacek

In Tallahassee, FL