pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re: kei keis

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re: kei keis
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:22:05 EDT

Hi Linda,
     It is not uncommon for many Pleuros to sprout a kei kei from where you would usually see a flower. Restrepias are very good at doing this! Some say it happens when plants are stressed but, I most commonly see it happen to older growths that may be about to fade on otherwise healthy plants.
     I have always gone by the "6 total inches of root growth" before I remove other kinds of kei keis but, again, if it is healthy & still getting nourishment from the mother leaf you can leave it awhile or cut it off & pot it up.
Good luck,
Kathy

  • [pleurothallid-l] Re: kei keis, Goldorchid, 07/23/2004