pleurothallid-l - RE: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia limax (orchid club)

  • From: "Balistrieri, Carlo" <cbalistrieri@nybg.org>
  • To: "'pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org'" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia limax (orchid club)
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 08:41:22 -0500

As you probably know, most stelis have a pleasing, rounded triangle shape.
The extra humidity of your enclosure will certainly help them to open up (to
nearly flat).

Stelis are among the most fun of the pleurothallids when it comes to "sp."
I've got a beauty from Parkside. Can't wait to bloom it and photograph the
pup. I had a wonderful little stelis with flowers so small you could barely
see them--but I loved it. I have no idea what it was but called it
"Pinhead". I wish I had a piece of it now.

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri
Curator of the Rock Garden
The New York Botanical Garden