pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia limax (orchid club)

  • From: Carl Gustafson <cgg25@drexel.edu>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevallia limax (orchid club)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:17:21 -0500

The gift that I'm concerned about is the Masdevallia limax. This is a high
altitude plant that likes it cool. What should I do with it in my
intermediate to warm terrarium? Are their any other orchids on the list that
jump out at you as a problem plant? As you might remember I'm pretty new at
keeping orchids in terrariums. My collection got jump started yesterday.

I don't think Masd. limax is such a bad citizen, although I haven't any experience with it. Masd. patula I have, and it's not a good citizen, in my opinion. That is, for basement-type, enclosed space growers. Your mileage may vary.

Carl "Stelis rule, Cattleyas drool" Gustafson