permaculture - Re: [permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: DONKA RADEVA <donnybg@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 21:23:35 +0000 (UTC)

Great idea about this perma-certification!

The most perma-sites in Bulgaria are not certificated, I understood this
during my research in the country. The most important, what they say is that
"We are the face and the guarantee for our product, important is our personal
contact with the clients, who we KNOW and build trust to each other. They can
visit us and ask all questions or take part in the production process
...conventional must register, because they produce with chemicals and damage
the land ..."

This is of course possible only for small-scale and local grown and sold
production.This is also a form of protest against the big burden of the state
administration and all the costs around it.

Best wishes,
Donka Radeva

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 1:43:37 PM GMT+2, Lawrence London
<lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 7:07 AM Rhonda Baird via permaculture <
permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:

> Braden Trauth and some others set up and trademarked a certification based
> on permaculture called Permaganics Authenticated. Still in a roll-out
> phase, it is intended to help solve this problem.
>
> That is impressive. Please keep us informed about progress with adoption
of this certification. Do you have any links to websites for this?

> -Rhonda Baird
>
> > On Mar 18, 2019, at 10:06 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 9:31 PM Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org
> <mailto:scott@permaculture.org>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> We have the same problem in the U.S., Donica, the board of directors of
> >> the certifying agency has drifted more and more toward the corporate
> >> farmers and the fees are becoming to high for most small farmers.
> >

> > Would you believe, those in the money loop simply tell the smaller
> farmers
> > who can not afford certification to "we, you can always get a grant" or
> > "turn your farm into a non-profit".
> > It is way beyond ludicrous to think that dedicated, skilled, committed
> > lifetime natural farmers intent on feeding their fellow Americans the
> best
> > they can produce, might have to "get a grant" in order to make enough
> money
> > to support themselves and their families. I mean, really. Having to
> become
> > a non profit is off the charts of ridiculousness.
> >

> >> The
> >> local farmer's market hosts farmers who advertise on their product
> >> tables that they are "better than organic".  I support their boycott of
> >> the certification process and costs.
> >>
> >> That is trending and growing enormously in numbers of farmers self
> > labeling in a way that conveys the fact that they farm using natural
> > methods and materials and consistent with their farm ecology.
> >
> > Do you remember Eric Kindberg? He fought tooth and nail for farmers to
> > retain ownership of organic certification and labelling. The dominant
> > powers won and the government now owns it.
> > I vote for non certified organic or certified naturally grown or just
> clean
> > raised.

> >> certified organic operators!
> >> certified organic is very unfavorable and this year there were protests
> >> against this discrimination policy comparing to conventional ...

> >> the
> https://organic.ams.usda.gov/Integrity/Search.aspx

> >> --
> >> Best regards, Scott Pittman Director Permaculture Institute
> >>

> > --
> > Lawrence F. London, Jr.
> > lfljvenaura@gmail.com <mailto:lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
> > https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared <
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared>

Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

>From lfljvenaura@gmail.com Wed Mar 20 17:30:39 2019
h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
bh=2xr8H6/hv7JHmF361lSHXj5GTBpqtKim3TZw8Kndc84=;
b=SHApITGjZ8YPJqSzERGO+19ssXThCY3m/K1pUkBnu+xkgk72MQPiPVw6vCjIvEq8su
zJ4TlKfP8pq7U0jFMtYpW7D6G5BTtETPlkKjWliEifrCCmP/V9R/wJWIeqisOUgjyzUb
JKcXk5kdqprTkoSg6JmuRqNh8Tyv/k4YxnIfSpl8pWgdRvltJZI8ruNlfJFtXqJWtuvQ
hX5ANfPU5Bn+f4eX2FszKCpiM+CsjlSI4llN3AybeVPFqtC+S9znpGmFRxpuxrPcPIFa
TjAVfceoMVoUm55Ki56yGGPB+Ng7cHpApmQcYvaUS1zqbcS2LJsb8U3fVMdbo+m4eLLo
WGEg=X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d100.net; s 161025;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date
:message-id:subject:to;
bh=2xr8H6/hv7JHmF361lSHXj5GTBpqtKim3TZw8Kndc84=;
b�l0INQsxAVsx9WdddFtCfbRJTLNdKj6Kw0v84ZXNJ2jPwimBxAOwArDg6EdoViRki
HxOquHcHmPBygKfwDBQBXhYQEYunUgnhaHiKLtM0bKHuIRRV3q5cg9XNt9qcpv3dFD99
90x+gdqStQ9IeilEMgapc/nt2DmuROUpIxHZyW1z8PVIkoXoZZGMG1LwzLPG83lXlEnl
1S9tJ06YJLkuDSOUH4bu8IfoTRBLKW7LYhEWve3vd+08ZYEmVt7trMllrMLoTRkPQi9D
zzSiRPw9qWKaZCYab2gmpeQTCBbaBchw39VJ142VFO9C0CdxOE2v2wblifBWjF3U42lX
g+mg=X-Gm-Message-State:
APjAAAXnewqncTeEnRMW9YcpjKYDC6DCC0X+TTpUgUd21rIrwi/FK3n2
sg90IdW63BPOknXt7+VY6o9jjrPF2QLsiWRCO86Y7Mnf