permaculture - Re: [permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: DONKA RADEVA via permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] USDA Organic Integrity Database
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:30:48 -0600

We have the same problem in the U.S., Donica, the board of directors of the certifying agency has drifted more and more toward the corporate farmers and the fees are becoming to high for most small farmers.  The local farmer's market hosts farmers who advertise on their product tables that they are "better than organic".  I support their boycott of the certification process and costs.