permaculture - Re: [permaculture] THE MOVEMENT...EVOLVING

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] THE MOVEMENT...EVOLVING
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:46:07 -0400

On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:10 PM, João Pedro Moreira Gonçalves <
joaovox@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Scott and All,
>
> enjoy
>
> "Introduction to Cybernetics and the Future" by Mary Catherine Bateson:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQraugWbjQ
>
> another question:
> Permaculture seen not as "a movement" but rather as "space and time" in our
> lives?
>
> Us and systems evolving in this "space and time"?
> Not to "evolve it", rather it "to evolve us together"?

Let things happen rather than make them happen.

> In the end, the path makes the people making the path ...

Wonderful. Something for the dreamers, visionaries, brainstormers.
Look at cosmology, Einstein, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking; these
are all Earth-connected people.

On the practical side look at the work of R Buckminster Fuller and W
Edwards Deming (for planning how to evolve)