permaculture - Re: [permaculture] THE MOVEMENT...EVOLVING

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] THE MOVEMENT...EVOLVING
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 01:37:30 -0400

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
wrote:

> I think this can be "a" step, "the next big step" not hardly. I don't
> have much faith in "Transition Town" they don't seem to have much traction
> in the U.S.A. Too much focus on process and too little on action seems the
> most common complaint.
>
> I also have given up on the IPC; I have flogged "invisible structures"
> through four IPC's with my Elephant in the Room sessions and have been met
> with scorn, approbation, and lack of interest. The genome seems to be
> configured to capitalism in most humans and I see that greed trumps (that
> word again) "care". Without a major focus on ethics permaculture is mired
> in the swamp of "herbal spirals" and "swales" and I, frankly, am bored to
> tears with both subjects.
>
> What brought me to permaculture was the ethics, principals and invisible
> structures; all the rest was "technique". Seems we have lost our focus and
> are slipping back into the same old paradigm we were fighting to overcome.
> The core of permaculture is "care" and care translates into love in most
> cultures. Love has been at the core of virtually every spiritual tradition
> since the maternalistic societies of the middle east and as such have
> endured the ravages of time, though much diminished by religiosity
> a "carrot/stick" pedagogy.
>
> Where that leaves me is to continue thinking my way through how to escape
> the mire of the current paradigm ( and certainly Trump is a huge harbinger
> of this paradigm) without violence, and lies. I am still puzzling my way
> through my book "Dharma of Permaculture", but it is not an easy task. I am
> also trying to maintain so faith in the divine nature of man, though I
> often want to sink into the nihilistic "fuck it".
>
> Scott Pittman
> Permaculture Institute
>
> Well Scott and Steve and many others, do you think of yourself as a kind
of journalist?
or one of the following "journalists, editors, correspondents, social media
influencers, bloggers etc." in a database that must be searchable for
"content" and "sentiment".
How about "social media INFLUENCER" by God. We've been trying to INFLUENCE
since 1960! This list is a type of social media. I always wondered why
there is so little traffic here these days.
Are most members afraid to post?
I refuse to buy any of this bullshit.
Now if we were just trying to make lots of money with permaculture that
would be A-OK I suppose.

Here you go: have a field day...............................
---------- is this for real?

Surveillance Database of Journalists to Be Compiled in the USA. Where Is
the Outcry?
https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/journalist-surveillance-usa

Donald Trump is not known for being a friend of the media. Now he seems to
be taking up new methods to control unfavorable journalists. The Department
of Homeland Security wants to create a database of journalists and bloggers
from around the world that can be filtered by location, content and
sentiment. While the DHS claims this is standard PR practice, the alarm
bells must ring. After all, surveillance is what upcoming autocrats
commonly use to undermine democracy.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is looking for contractors to
build up a Media Monitoring Service
<https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=22aa793f75ce05efd160cfa36d7a8acc&tab=core&tabmode=list&=>.
Details seem to be based on instructions by George Orwell: The DHS asks for
the ability to scan more than 290.000 news sources within and outside the
US, and store "journalists, editors, correspondents, social media
influencers, bloggers etc." in a database that must be searchable for
"content" and "sentiment".

The DHS may claim that such a Media Monitoring Service is "standard
practice of monitoring current events":
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com