permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:15:26 -0400

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Linda Ray <lindaray@att.net> wrote:

> You wrote:"...He also said that nuclear war was a
> more serious threat to humnity than climate change. I wish he had not said
> that. He should know better...."Endquote.
> I hear you, but I happen to agree with that statement of his, and here is
> why:Also I am pointing out that nowhere does he say that climate change is
> unimportant, nor to ignore it..

This is definitely not the guy you want anywhere near the nuclear button:
- as the Who said "We won't be fooled again" !!

Trump denies climate change as scientists fear we may soon cross the red
line
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-climate-change-20160929-story.html

A new scientific statement released Thursday that underscores the urgency
of grappling with global warming presented a staggering contrast with the
state of public discussion of the subject in the United States.

Here, in the wake of the first presidential debate, the media skewered
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/politics-government/donald-trump-PEBSL000163-topic.html>
for denying his prior Twitter claim that "the concept of global warming was
created by and for the Chinese" — even as Trump's surrogates continued to
bluntly advance positions that reject modern scientific knowledge on the
subject. His campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, for instance, asserted on
CNN that Trump believes the current climate swing is "naturally occurring,"
a view amounting to yet another denial of mainstream science.

On Thursday, a group of seven distinguished climate scientists led by
Robert Watson, a former chairman of the United Nations' Intergovernmental
Panel on Climate Change, asserted that chance of holding warming to below
1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels "has almost certainly
already been missed." And we could very soon be on an irrevocable path to 2
degrees of warming, they continue, unless countries dramatically up their
pledges to cut emissions under the Paris climate agreement — an agreement
Trump has said he would "cancel."
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com