permaculture - Re: [permaculture] (no subject)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] (no subject)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 23:44:32 +0200

Linda,

> One nuclear strike will do more to accelerate faster climate change than
> anything else we could do, and that is what I took from that statement,
> making nukes our greatest danger for the further and faster progression of
> it.

I do not know how one (a single) nuke would affect the climate, but AFAIK a
major nuclear shootout (or a major volcano e.g. Yellowstone blowing up) would
produce a nuclear winter, not warming.

I am with Lawrence inasmuch as I do not see what we can do to prevent that
except 'love thay neighbour as thayself'. But for any major disruption of
climate -heating or warming- a pc system is best suited for prevention as
well as fast recovery. 'Design for disaster' has been an important part of
the PDC I took back in 1988.

And Larry, I do not see it as fearmongering, if one stays aware of the
complexity of the situation one lives in, including possible disruptive
events.

Georg