permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: (no subject)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:05:01 -0400

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM, Linda Ray <lindaray@att.net> wrote:

> Hi Larry,
> You wrote:"...He also said that nuclear war was a
> more serious threat to humnity than climate change. I wish he had not said
> that. He should know better...."Endquote.
> I hear you, but I happen to agree with that statement of his, and here is
> why:Also I am pointing out that nowhere does he say that climate change is
> unimportant, nor to ignore it..
>
> All that Nuclear cr@p (Testing, accidents, and tiny little hotdogging
> countries posturing, etc.) is part of what has contributed mightily to the
> onset of climate change, and IMHO is a clear and present danger to this
> world today. One nuclear strike will do more to accelerate faster climate
> change than anything else we could do, and that is what I took from that
> statement, making nukes our greatest danger for the further and faster
> progression of it.
>
> AFAIAC the awareness of mukes as a contributing cause does not in any way
> de-prioritize the importance of climate change. It just points out that
> nukes constitute more of a fast-change threat to the climate, IOW could
> produce a faster progression of climate change than anything else. Doesn't
> mean not to address climate change.
> JMHO.
> Namaste,
> Linda :-)

I disagree completely. It is an attitude thing, an awareness, an amazing
grasp of the obvious thing. If people were, en masse, truly aware of the
climate change thing, i.e.. anthropogenic climate change and decided that
ehay wanted to try and do something to help and moved forward toward that
goal in concert with a growing number of Earth Citizens, then conspicuous
consumption, waste, pollution, would be obvious to them as problems that
they themselves could help solve. Demand for goods would so diminish that
the corporate world would fall back, regroup and come to the realization
that there is no future in marketing very many products because people are
becoming self sufficient and independent, recycling, pproducing their own
goods, growing their own foods and keeping their money in their own local
economies. This massive change in the public mindset would result in nation
states reconsidering their war posturing threadening and mexican standoffs.
They would realize that they will have to change if they hope to survive.
Since all the wars are over ownership of non renewable resources, soil and
water, a new mandate to find a better way, adequately profitable for them,
would take root.

If I am in error with this thinking tell me why you think so.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com