permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 101 PERMACULTURE DESIGNS, downloadable imgur album - Album on Imgur

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 101 PERMACULTURE DESIGNS, downloadable imgur album - Album on Imgur
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:07:42 -0400

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:03 PM, HeenanDoherty <heenandoherty@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Being the start of a global movement. The PDM was a work of genius. I
> think respecting ones elders has been one of the better virtues I have been
> raised with.

Darren:
Thanks very much for this wonderful inspiring post, bringing the past to
the present, giving us all a glimpse
of the origins of our movement, one that is original, highly unique,
powerful and probably not to be matched for a long time to come. Bill's PDM
reads like a biology textbook but it was more, the essence of synergy (
*Synergy* is the creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of
its parts. The term *synergy* comes from the Attic Greek
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attic_Greek> word συνεργία *synergia*[1]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy#cite_note-1> from *synergos*,
συνεργός
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CF%83%CF%85%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%B3%CF%8C%CF%82>,
meaning "working together".). Andrew's drawings are very nice and show a
deep understanding of permaculture and are completely in sync with the PDC.
Please post more often and keep us up to date about yours and Andrew's
Regrarians project. Maybe you could persuade Andrew to join this list.
It is interesting that there is so much permaculture activity at facebook.
Even so that is not enough to get me to become active there again. They are
my competition. I did create a permaculture page at Ello, a social media
site far beyond facebook and another at the replacement for reddit, Voat,
permagriculture (someone had already taken the permaculture spot and it
looks to be a clone of the reddit
version).
Thanks again,
Lawrence