permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 101 PERMACULTURE DESIGNS, downloadable imgur album - Album on Imgur

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 101 PERMACULTURE DESIGNS, downloadable imgur album - Album on Imgur
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:38:33 -0700

I love that every one of those drawings is reproduced in violation of
copyright law. If Andrew Jeeves had a penny from everyone who posted a
drawing of his illegally, he’d be rich. It is splendid, useful work, for sure.

Maybe someday we’ll figure out how to bring copyright law into better
alignment with digital tech. I highly recommend Cory Doctorow’s book,
“Information Doesn’t Want to Be Free,” and of course, Lawrence Lessig’s work.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

Just out: my new book on urban permaculture, The Permaculture City. Order it
at your favorite bookseller or
http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_permaculture_city/