permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Standards and Principles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Standards and Principles
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:49:51 -0400

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Dao Initiative <dao.initiative@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree with this position on the matter, but on regarding what to do i
> don't know,

> but surely not paying 500 box a year for a Permaculture
> Institute approval.

Never heard of this about any permaculture organization. PI offers PDC's
for a fee and if that results in your becoming certified as a
permaculture designer and/or teacher there is no recurring annual fee for
mandatory recertification unless voluntary
enrollment in supplemental coursework in person or online is also offered.

Good to set the matter straight about this.

> The only ethical thing to me is what we try to do in
> France, which is some kind of open source label of ethical practice of
> permaculture, the members of the permaculture university sign a "charter"
> to become member of this university, they can advertise then their workshop
> on the website and they get their diploma through the traditionnal system:
> they submit their work to two peers who say " we think you're ready" after
> having made comments and possibly delayed the diploma when things do not
> reach the standards. Then they have to do a public presentation to the
> permaculture community and publish a piece of work. The level is increasing
> everyyear and new students are inspired by the new diplomee's work. It's
> always improving that way.
> We are trying to unit all francophone teachers that way and goive more
> strength and credibility to the whole movement in france.

What a wonderful system you have developed in France. We need something
like this here in the USA
to supplement the work that Scott and PI are doing. Could you translate a
full description of your certification program and post it here
or maybe some list member could do this?
LL
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com