permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Visual_Pages - Very graphics heavy pages (Lion Kuntz)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Visual_Pages - Very graphics heavy pages (Lion Kuntz)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 18:50:58 -0400

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Douglas Hinds <cedecor@gmx.net> wrote:

> On 3/28/2013 10:20 AM, Toby Hemenway wrote:
> > LL- Many of those links are dead. Makes me wonder if Lion is still
> around. I see one is for Sebastopol, so maybe he lives (lived) near me.
>
> He lived in Santa Rosa and was good on vermicompost but not so good on
> diet, health or assimilating valid advice from well meaning friends. As
> a result, although he may still be kicking around, I suspect he has
> already kicked. If so, rest in peace, Mr. Lion.
>
> > I will check around here. He does have some interesting things to say.
>
> Yes but it was practically impossible to engage him in a reasonable
> dialogue. IOW, it was all one way, with our friend Lion.

enigmatic people such as Lion, who would go out of his way to alienate
everyone in sight on occasion, water off a duck's back for those who knew
where he was really coming from and appreciated his creations, insights,
knowledgebase and ongoing projects.

That's what I have to say about that all one way business...

(Lawrence has a penchant for idealizing those who left us - Eric
> Kindberg is another that comes to mind).:-)

Yes, very much so because of what they accomplished that you and I have
used and enjoyed.
Your issues with them are not my problem. Lion left behind a treasure trove
of wonderful resources, most of which I posted here are made available for
download.
Eric left behind another treasure trove of public posts in a variety of
discussion forums, unique and valuable. My communication with him before he
passed showed me what kind of person he was, articulate, helpful, outgoing
and dedicated. You and I strive for similar goals. Yours is your business
and mine is volunteerism and building a knowledgebase I use all the time
(that's why I post so many long messages, to get the info into the
searchable archives).

Douglas
> Alliance for Social and Environmental Responsibility in Development
> Mexico

LL