permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Root cellar walls

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Julia Buckingham <jubuck@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Root cellar walls
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 15:39:34 -0600

could you build a cinder block wall for the other two walls and insulate
with a polyfoam (this is the only thing out there that I have found to
withstand the moisture) There are SIP, structural insulated panels that
have a cement outer core, different from the toxic OSB board that is more
popular. SIPs are big and may need to be special ordered - and it depends
on how close you leave to a manufacture.

treated wood on the floor (although bad) and untreated for the studs would
work if the blocks do not.

if you find a solution, let me know - this has been a design project on my
mind for a while now.
take care,
Julia