permaculture - [permaculture] Root cellar walls

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: S P SHERMAN <spsherm@msn.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Root cellar walls
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 04:57:08 +0000

Had a question that the folks here might be able to help with...

I am building a "root cellar" in the corner of a basement. Two walls will be
the concrete foundation. The other two walls will be 2x framing with
insulation. The question I have is what material to use to cover the framed
walls and ceiling? Sheet rock is not ideal due to the high humidity. Wood
would be better, but also not ideal in the humidity. Cement board is probably
OK, but a bit pricey.

Anyone come up with any good solutions for this?

TIA