permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: loren luyendyk <loren@sborganics.com>
  • To: Permaculture Listserve <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:12:38 +0000

Truth in Advertising laws:
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus35-advertising-faqs-guide-small-businessWhat
can my company do if a competitor is running an ad that I think is deceptive?
You can:
Explore your legal options under federal and state statutes that
protect businesses from unfair competition. For example, the Lanham Act
gives companies the right to sue their competitors for making deceptive
claims in ads.File a complaint with the National Advertising Division
(NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, if your competitor's
ad is running nationally or regionally. The NAD is a private,
self-regulatory group affiliated with the BBB. It investigates
allegations of deceptive advertising and gives advertisers a mechanism
for resolving disputes voluntarily.Call your local BBB or file an online
complaint with the Better Business Bureau if the ad is local. Many BBBs have
procedures for resolving disputes between businesses.Contact the radio
station, television station, or publication where
the ad ran. Let them know that they're running an ad you think may be
deceptive.Contact your state Attorney General's Office or your city, county,
or state Office of Consumer Affairs. To get their phone numbers, check
your telephone directory.Contact the FTC. By mail: Federal Trade Commission,
Consumer
Response Center, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580; by
telephone: toll-free 1-877-FTC-HELP.
If my company files a complaint about a competitor with the FTC, will the FTC
resolve the dispute?
The FTC is authorized to act when it appears that a company's
advertising is deceptive and when FTC action is in the public interest.
Although the FTC cannot intervene in an individual dispute between two
companies, the agency relies on many sources - including complaints from
consumers and competitors - to find out about ads that may be
deceptive. To file a complaint against a competitor who you believe has
engaged in false advertising, contact:
Federal Trade Commission

Consumer Response Center

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

Toll-free 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357)

Online Complaint Form
^^^Perhaps we should give him some of his own medicine???

Loren Luyendyk
805-452-8249
Permaculture Design and Education
ISA Certified Arborist #WE-7805A