permaculture - Re: [permaculture] types of woods and their uses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Frances and David" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] types of woods and their uses
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:13:38 -0800

sorry, edited version below.

Hi Robert,

It's been over 3 years now. 4 in the fall.
Had no heart to do anything sooner, and still considering moving rather than
taking anything down.
There is 'overgrowth' and a long since producing crab apple tree that I've
no doubt you would have cut down long before.
But, when it comes to the gorgeous pin oak that was planted too close to the
house...
Even my partner, Dave, is hesitant on the ancient crab...
So, well, we'll see...
The point would be allowing the close to a quarter acre including house to
be a place where people garden much...
Wouldn't be the same place without the plentiful birds (trees)...
Agreed upon plan is to proceed slowly, and with conscience. in the sense of seeing with feeling... and waiting for the truth to make itself apparent.
There is a Crimson King maple in the middle of the backyard, too beautiful
to even consider, though some have mentioned it.

I guess the best move might be to just go ahead and make food without taking anything down, but that is not what my gardening friend suggests...
And we have some tree planting to do...
Maybe that ought to be a rule as well (the opposite of the de-clutter rule which states that something goes out for everything that comes in!

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Waldrop