permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Frances and David" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:10:05 -0800

Hats off to all in this thread!!
I feel an urgent need in this area.
All parts of it, from initial design to retrofit are relevant to me.
We are currently looking at where we are going to live next, and getting off the grid is a most powerful attractor.
I have wondered about this information for a while, and so rocket stoves are of interest as they are so economical of use of trees and there are always lots of pickings out where we live (pacific north west). I am particularly interested in the co-generation concept as this allows us to tap into the natural cycles of life that foster ongoing life on our planet: water cycles, energy cycles, bio-cycles. This is the way that all life has adapted always, it seems to me. There is beauty and power in this type of efficiency.
I want to learn how to live!
Cheers!
Frances

-----Original Message----- From: venaurafarm